Monday, June 29, 2009

Rain is fun ...

It rained in Bangalore yesterday also.
Ammu was playing with her friends, when the rains started. They had to take a shelter in the corridors. I know how much she likes the rains. When we were in Cochin, she would insist on walking in the rains with her rain coat. She would not come back in.


I was enjoying the rain. Ammu was shouting at me to come into the corridor. I told her to come out instead. She probably was confused and hence she hesitated. Then she ran towards me, and we walked in the drizzle. The rest of the kids stood in the shade.


As we reached the gate, we saw pools of water that was accumulating. I was telling ammu, how much fun we used to have as kids, playing in the rains. I don’t remember getting a cough or a cold then. May be the rains were not polluted then, and we were not eating much of contaminated food either...Anyways, as the rain intensified, we took shelter. It was a small sun shade , that we were standing under, and both of us were getting splashed with the rain. I felt good being a kid myself.


As the rain seized, the kids slowly came out so did we. I could see what Ammu was eyeing…the small pools of water in the tar way. It just needed a nod from me, and out in a flash she went. Before the other kids realized what happened, Ammu was jumping in and out of the water pools. The other kids again seem confused and were looking at me. I smiled, as if to say, Do it at your risk. Next thing I see was, the entire battalion jumping up and down, splashing water. All of them were getting soaked, but who cares.


As we walked back, still splashing water with our feet, almost drenched but laughing our hearts out, I wondered how many parents would come searching for me to ask How dare I made their kids play in the rain and now they are sick.


As i was boarding ammu to her school bus today morning, her friend asked." uncle, will it rain today”???

1 comment:

Swati Karthik said...

I think thats the best write up i have ever seen in a very very long time ....
Made me think back on what i ask meha not to do..
Next time it rains we r gonna enjoy it for sure and surely not from inside the house....