Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our Birthday !!!

Me and ammu are seperated by a day .. Im born on March 16th, and she on March 15th.

I have hardly celebrated my birthday as a child, except for the privilege of going to school in color dress and distributing chocolates to neighbors. And college life gave me the luxury of waiting for birthday cards, and mine-o-mine , what a wait that was... The sight of the post man would send chills down me. Reading through those cards were like having recieved a billion dollar treasure.


Much has changed. Started being part of Ammus birthday celebrations ever since she was born. Last year we celebrated our birthday in an old age home. This year I wanted it to be in an orphanage. I had my doubts on how the kids may take it. They live a life of bare necessities, and would they be able to accept a child of their age coming in and celebrating her birthday? We decided to go ahead with it, by making it a party mode for the kids.


We had a cake cutting, lunch and then gifts for the kids. They were given enough balloons to blow and burst, which seemed to be the best fun they had. Ammu also seemed to be in her wits with the kids, mingling well with them, posing for snaps and bringing out smiles.


My birthday is shared with some very special friends. Whoever that said online gives you fake relations, was an idiot. Come and see my friends. My twins ...born on the same day and who care to share for each other ..The levels of which cannot be interpreted.


I was away from my dear one on my birthday, that guilt still pricks. Had plans for having a great day in bangalore. I had over 100 wishes on my orkut scrap book. A good number additional in FB . A very sizable number in my mobile. What more does a hungry for care person need ? I was so happy .. The icing on the cake was that we got the best vendor award from TATA tele in kerala.

2 comments:

Traveller said...

congrats CT... for winning the award and more importantly... for showing your kid what she should be to be a good HUMAN BEING.

Manoj Thelakkat said...

thnaks dear :)